Providers of qualified and unqualified social care, GP, hospital doctors and medical professionals throughout the UK
Do you want to be part of a team that promotes family unity and prevents breakdown and homelessness?
If you thrive on mediating and supporting young people and their families, this is the job for you!
We need an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Family and Accommodation Support Team based in North London. This is a locum position to start immediately; initially for 3 months.
- To carry out detailed assessments and writing high quality, detailed assessment reports advising managers of suitable intervention plans for these clients.
- To work with young people, their parents and families to prevent family breakdown and ensure that negative outcomes are avoided and positive ones achieved.
- To direct all work to the key aims of preventing family breakdown, involvement in crime, school exclusion, Looked After status and homelessness.
- To plan, direct and deliver, high quality individual and group work intervention programmes that challenge and change behaviour, to young people aged 8 to 19 who may display angry, difficult, challenging and aggressive behaviour.
- To be responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality professional advice and guidance to children, young people and their parents and carers.
- A recognised social work qualification
- HCPC registration as a Social Worker
- Experience of managing a large and complex case load of young people with complex needs
- Training, development and experience in delivering individual and group work programmes to children and young people aged 8 to 19
- Experience in producing and presenting written and verbal reports