Locum Qualified Social Worker, Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub, South East London
If you thrive in a fast paced MASH setting, this could be the perfect role for you.
Working with fellow professionals you will decide on the best type of intervention needed to protect the child and support the family.
We need an experienced Social Worker to work within a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub based in South East London. This is a locum position initially for 3 months.
You will work as part of a multi-agency team with representatives from the Council’s Family Services and Social Work division, police and health services and has close links with probation and housing, education and youth offending services.
• Dealing with all referrals where there are safeguarding concerns about the child or the child is thought to be at risk of significant harm and where the case is likely to reach the threshold for a statutory social work service.
• Screening contacts by assessing risk and safeguarding concerns; taking account of past interventions and services before quickly deciding upon the most appropriate intervention.
• Processing contacts based on the timescales specified within the MASH setting.
• Awareness of locality resources, signposting and referring families for support according to identified needs.
• Working closely with partner agencies and having a good working knowledge of the boroughs services.
• A recognised social work qualification
• HCPC registration as a Social Worker
• Knowledge of childcare and childcare services
• The ability to manage your own caseload and pay close attention to details
• Previous experience in a similar role